History is distinguished dome next to the Guemes Gallery Roque S enz Pe a Avenue, also known as Diagonal Norte, was part of numerous projects for opening and widening of avenues in Buenos Aires since the late nineteenth century. The streets of the historic old city, outlined in 1580 by the Spanish conquistador Juan de Garay, for decades had been sources of trouble, and with the advent of the streetcar and automobiles, was imperative to realize a series of works. Those on the Diagonal Norte began in the first block from Plaza de Mayo in 1913 and progressed slowly due to various legal disputes with the owners of lots wherever he went the route of the avenue. Just could be concluded in 1943. Entrance Hall in 1930 At the end of the first block of Avenida Roque S enz Pe a, the insurance company The Equitable del Plata SA acquired a lot on the southeast corner of Calle Florida.The company was founded in 1897 and until that time was staying in a building in Bartolom Miter 250. The architect Alejandro Virasoro projected in 1927 the new headquarters of The Equitable del Plata in his characteristic Art Deco style, and it was completed two years later. The building has 8 floors high, but the dome is also occupied by offices. With access to the street was originally a service A ropostale, and presently houses a local fast food. At the time of its inauguration the building received much criticism, being marked with a phrase taken from the title of a war movie of the moment: All Quiet on the Western Front.